What: A Wedding!

Who: Summer Allen & Max Greene

Where: Elk Cove Vineyards, Gaston, OR

When: July 22, 2007
(Ceremony will start at 5:30pm with the reception immediately following.)

Notes: Basic Details
              the two of us

February 24, 2007

 

Update!!!

Well it's about time for some more news. I may seem extremely corny in presenting the following details, but so be it...

First up: Forest Grove appears to be nearing full for Saturday night; Sunday night is less of a problem. We're trying to figure out what to do (get a block of rooms at a Portland hotel Saturday night and shuttle people to Forest Grove?) but this is something of an unanticipated hitch. Who knew the town would be so popular? Here is a list of other hotels in the vicinity of Elk Cove. I've called several and none offer blocks for July, but you are welcome to try your luck there. Coordinate with your friends or family and you'll have someone fun to be around; Summer and I have no idea where exactly we'll be the night before.

Second: general details are coming together, but some might remain a surprise. We have hired a DJ (there will (probably) be karaoke intermingled with some more traditional dance music, so warm up your singing voices). We have hired a caterer and picked a menu--something for everyone, except vegans--sorry, vegans. The food will be dinner, not just hors d'oeuvre, so bring your appetites, which we'll try not to whet too much with an overlong ceremony. It will undoubtedly be pleasant, touching, pretty, tear-inducing--but not interminable. We will hopefully be setting up desserts very soon; we've picked a place to provide them but haven't set up anything official yet. We have a photographer, not that that is likely to excite many folks. We have invitations ready to be printed. I am still hunting down some folks that I couldn't find for save the dates, but the guest list is just about final. Summer and I both have attire, at least for the most part. Bridesmaids and groomsmen are just about there. I've been terrible about keeping touch with our excellent officiant, but we do have an excellent officiant. So lest you had doubts as to Summer's and my ability to put together a party for 150, everything is happening right on schedule. Thank you, Nora.

Third: we've received a few questions about flight options. As of now, I don't know. I'll look into it.

Fourth, I don't think people check here very often, perhaps because of the dearth of updates. Should we:

(a) update here more often,
(b) gather your emails and send email updates,
(c) leave you alone,

or

(d) [something else entirely]?

Helpful options, I know.

Anyway thanks for the comments you've left here so far, or shared in person...regardless of any answers to the above, I'll try to make an effort to put any new information here as Summer and I figure things out.

Peace.

Comments:
Email updates might be more useful.

Also, some more cohesive discussion of the lodging options would be helpful, and what days will feature what so we can plan when to arrive and leave. I sense that some parties have been well informed about it, but not everyone who received save the date cards.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?